Miharashi Camping Ground
Miharashi Camping Ground is located in the Miharu crossroads of Ozegahara. Oze National Park is home to the Ozegahara Marsh (moor), Lake Ozenuma and the surrounding 2,000-m-class mountains, forests and small moors including Mt. Shibutsu and Mt. Hiuchigatake. It has five peaks formed by a series of eruptions; three of them look out over Lake Ozenuma and Ozegahara Marsh. Here, visitors can enjoy varied, beautiful natural landscapes, including vast marshlands, lakes, alpine areas, pristine forests and high waterfalls.
The Ozegahara Marshland, located about 1400 meters above sea level, is the most popular area of the park. Approximately 8km² in size, the marshland is well known for the various species of plants, including the "mizu-basho" (White Skunk Cabbage), "Nikko-kisuge" (yellow alpine lilies, Hemerocallis dumortieri var. esculenta) and "Watasuge" (Eriophorum vaginatum). The marshland is a popular hiking destination.
It is about six kilometers long and one kilometer wide, and has hundreds of small, distinct pools. When walking the length of the marshland, the two mountains Shibutsusan and Hiuchigatake seem to hover over hikers at either end of the paths. The Hatomachitoge trailhead is only a one hour walk from the western end of the marshlands, and therefore the most popular among the trail heads.
- Municipality: Hinoemata Village
- Parking: No
- Contents of the facilities: Tent rental is 3,000 yen (reservations required) , Toilet, Cooking area, Souvenior shop
- Number of accommodation: 400 people capacity.
- Admission fee: Yen 200 per person
- Location: From the side of Fukushima Prefecture, about an hour walk, from the Gunma Prefecture, is reachable in about 2 hours and 30 minutes walk through the street the Numayamatouge Oshimizu.
- Via Fukushima Prefecture (Fukushima-ken): 1, Hiuchigatake, Ozegahara, Hinoemata-mura (Hinoemata Village), Minamiaizu District (Minamiaizu-gun), Fukushima Prefecture (Fukushima-ken) 967-0531 Japan [Geo Coordinate: 36.98359,139.30498399999999]
- Via Gunma Prefecture (Gunma-ken): Miharu crossroads of Ozegahara, Tokura, Katashina-mura, Tone-gun, Gunma 378-0411 Japan [Geo Coordinate: 36.8929574,139.26152149999999]
- Utilizable season: May to October
- Access: Bus from Aizu Kinugawa Line Aizu-Kougen Station to Miike stop then 3 hour 30 minute walk.
- Reference: Miharashi Camping Ground (Shimotashiro)