A mark of Kuramoto (A Historic spot)

Kuramoto is the remains of a public office, from the Ryukyu Dynasty period of the beginning of the 16th century. Mr. Nishito who was from Taketomi Island appointed for Taketomi-syuriooyashi (High government official for Taketomi region) the government the dynasty sent him to making Yaeyama unification into a duty. The operation at this Kuramoto was continued for 20 years, and the stone wall of height 1.5m with a remains of a house of about 660 square meters are left to the east and north even now. Since the land of Taketomi Island was narrow and inconvenient as a place for a public office, it was transferred to Okawa of Ishigaki Island in 1543.